In our Group, the data controller is the parent company WCOM-Group Oy. Our Group companies are LVI-WaBeK Oy, Wa-Plan Oy and Metec Oy. WCOM-Group Oy maintains a shared register of the personal data it collects. We hope that our customers will review the Privacy Statement. By using our services, the customer accepts the terms of this Privacy Statement. The services are also subject to their own service-specific terms and conditions and Privacy Statements, which supplement the Group’s shared Privacy Statement. If there are service-specific additions, the service-specific privacy information provides more details about the privacy practices related to the service in question.
Processing of personal data in WCOM-Group Oy’s services:
WCOM-Group is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of its services in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable legislation.
1. What kind of data is processed about me?
We collect personal data about the user that is necessary for the purposes described in section 2 of this Privacy Statement.
Information provided by the user or personally identifiable information:
– Name, phone number, e-mail address
– Registration information required for the digital account, such as username and password or any other unique identifier
– Customer feedback, contacts and cancellation information
– Permissions and consents
– Other information collected from the user
Data collected through observing the use of services:
– Usage and browsing information concerning the features of the service
– The page from which the user has accessed our website, device model, unique device and/or cookie ID, data collection channel (internet browser, mobile browser, application), browser version, IP address, session ID, session time and duration, screen resolution and operating system.
– The identifier of an observed user who is not logged in is typically a cookie or other similar identifier.
– Location data, such as coordinates calculated using GPS or WLAN access points or cellular base stations, if the user has explicitly consented to this.
– Other data collected with the user’s consent.
– Data derived from the use of services or other data: Derived data refers to data that has been inferred through analytics from the observed use of the service and/or information provided by the customer themselves, for example, possible interests of the user or segmentation into a certain group of users.
Data included in the content of the service, such as measurement and site data related to site-specific water measurement.
2. For what purpose is my personal data processed?
We use personal data to serve our customers, maintain customer relationships and for marketing. Data is not used for automated decision-making or profiling.
3. On what basis is my personal data processed?
The legal basis for the processing of personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation is the legitimate interest of the controller (customer relationship).
When we send you electronic marketing communications, we process your data on the basis of consent or the implied authority associated with the person’s task. Statutory obligation: We store billing information for the time required by law for tax and accounting purposes.
4. How is my data stored and aggregated?
We store observed and derived data about the use of services in such a way that the user cannot be personally identified.
5. How long will my data be stored?
We will only store user data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in section 2 above, in accordance with the legislation in force at the time in question. We will store observed data about the use of services for a maximum of two years from the collection of the data. Depending on the purpose for which the data is collected, we may also store the data for a shorter period of time.
6. Who processes my personal data?
WCOM-Group Oy’s personnel may process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Act in force at the time in question. We may also outsource the processing of personal data to a third party, in which case we guarantee with contractual arrangements that the personal data will be processed in accordance with the Personal Data Act and otherwise appropriately.
As a rule, we do not transfer data outside the EU and the EEA. If we transfer data outside the EU or the EEA, we ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data, including by agreeing on matters related to the confidentiality of personal data as required by law, for example through the use of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and otherwise in such a way that the processing of personal data will be carried out in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
7. Will my personal data be disclosed to third parties?
We do not sell, rent or disclose personal data to third parties. We may disclose personal data as required by the competent authorities or other bodies in accordance with the legislation in force at the time in question.
8. How is my personal data protected?
We use the necessary technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data against unauthorised access, disclosure, destruction or other unauthorised processing. Such measures include the use of firewall encryption techniques, the use of secure IT areas, proper access control, controlled granting of access rights and control of their use, the use of encryption techniques, instructions for processing personal data and the careful selection of subcontractors.
We may collect information about the users’ terminals using cookies and other similar technologies, such as browsers’ local storage. Cookies are small text files that are stored by the browser on the user’s terminal device. Cookies often contain an anonymous, unique identifier that
allows us to identify and count the number of browsers visiting our website.
10. Is it possible that some other party is collecting data about my visits?
11. What kind of rights do I have?
The user has the right to inspect the personal data stored about them. At the user’s request, we will rectify, delete or supplement any personal data that is inaccurate, unnecessary, deficient or outdated in relation to the purpose of processing the data. The user can update and/or inspect their personal data by contacting our customer service.
12. Can this Privacy Statement be changed?
We are constantly improving our services and reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement by informing users of it in our services. Changes may also be based on changes in legislation. We recommend that you review the content of this Privacy Statement regularly.
13. Who can I contact?
We ask you to primarily contact us by e-mail at info(at)lvi-wabek.fi. Inquiries related to this Privacy Statement and any complaints related to the targeting of advertising may also be sent to the following address: